Exposed brick, uncovered pipework, metal furnishings, matte worktops and black accessories are combined to achieve a stripped-back, industrial-style kitchen. Whether you opt for the full look or simply introduce one or two elements into your current space, these hints toward an industrial kitchen will emphasise a raw, modern space.
For those of you who are beginning the design process for your industrial-style kitchen, here are some of our favourite kitchen designs that showcase the industrial trend…
1. This high rise apartment designed by Caroline Kincheski on @pad_london boasts class and sophistication, displaying a naked brick wall and matte black cabinetry. The sleek metallic handles and sink to match are the perfect juxtaposition to dark design, completing this industrial kitchen.
2. This spacious kitchen designed by Douglas VanderHorn Architects @dvharchitects attracts natural light through large windows, showcasing just a few simple elements of industrialism. The island centrepiece and steel appliances match the hanging lamps.
3. The overhead wooden panels, dark grey splashback and accompanying black, wooden bar stools create a tasteful space. This kitchen interior was designed by Tim Hodges Architects, the use of the extended rugged concrete worktop acts as a statement piece that sets the tone of the room.
4. This kitchen design incorporates various industrial elements, including the patchwork-style island with rustic timber boards, large metal trough sink and soft grey cabinetry. The dark-wood floorboards and black details among the vibrant island top creates a homely space.
5. For those looking for a full transformation, this space features industrial components from top to bottom with an open plan style. The red brick walls, black panelled doors, hanging lighting and wooden beams overhead feel authentic and full of character.
6. From the monochrome tiled floor, free-standing island and metallic appliances, this scheme captures the essence of an authentic, industrial kitchen. The misaligned tiles combined with the added texture from the wallpaper gives the look an increased dimension.
7. A key aspect of industrialism is space and openness – the floor-to-ceiling windows and high ceilings really elevate this unique kitchen space. Rugged concrete-looking surfaces perfectly juxtapose elements of wood, with split-level worktops adding depth. Glass cabinetry, copper elements and touches of greenery make the kitchen feel modern and dynamic.
8. Black and grey tones, an exposed dark-brick feature wall and beautiful quartz worktop create an exquisite industrialised kitchen. The hanging branches act as a fitting centrepiece to the space, alongside the grey, wooden cabinetry and steel appliances.
9. This fun design by John Lewis of Hungerford gives the industrial look an edgy, playful twist. With its brightly coloured cabinets injecting vibrancy to the monochrome scheme and texture added from the funky pebble print splashback and striped floor. The individual elements culminate to create a cool, cohesive urban design.
10. Industrial meets classic styling in this sophisticated Strive for Design kitchen. The brushed gold tap and cabinet handles, combined with the cabinetry colour choice give the look an industrial edge, whilst the shaker styling of the woodwork works seamlessly to evoke a more traditional feel.
Feeling inspired to create your own industrial style kitchen? Read our eBook for an ultimate guide to kitchen design...
Header Image Source: Caesarstone
In the UK, we are spending increasing amounts of time outdoors; our gardens are now spaces in which we live, work, play and entertain. No matter..
The kitchen has transformed from a private space for only our closest family connections, to the hub of the home and our foundation for hosting..
Caesarstone is a manufacturer of quality quartz worktops and surfaces for a range of applications such as kitchen worktops, bathroom vanities and counters, and custom solutions for home and commercial interiors. Available world wide, Caesarstone is the professional choice for interior design ideas and beautiful, durable quartz worktops and surfaces.